Faculty Governance at the University of Florida Libraries
Agenda - October 19, 2009; 10:00am
Library East Room 1A
Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Minutes of Previous Meetings
- Update from the Career Development Committee
Depositing Library Faculty Research Articles in the Institutional Repository
- Discussion of Preliminary Draft of Mandate for Library Faculty
Questions for Dean Russell: Relevance of the MLS
- Is the MLS a necessary professional credential before one can be considered a librarian?
- Is the term librarian defined by function or by possession of the MLS?
- Should possessors of an MLS be favored over applicants without the MLS?
Members Comments & Announcements
An opportunity for those not scheduled on the agenda to address the Assembly.