Faculty Governance at the University of Florida Libraries
Career Development Committee
Coordinate library policies and practices that pertain to faculty career development; assist the Employee Relations and Development Coordinator with promotion/tenure support and training for faculty; develop and maintain policies on faculty recruitment, evaluation, promotion, tenure, sabbatical/professional development leaves, mentoring and professional development; develop and maintain the Career Development Handbook and other professional development guidelines and resources for faculty; and ensure that library faculty career development policies and practices best serve the faculty and conform to relevant university rules and relevant UFF-UF rules for in unit faculty.
- Appointed by the UFLFA Chair in consultation with the other officers
- 2-3 past Chairs (or tenured past members) of the Tenure and Promotion Committee, the Sabbatical Committee and the Sustained Performance Evaluation Process Committee.
- 2-3 individuals who will be responsible for faculty support and training.
- Libraries Human Resources Director, Ex Officio
- Employee Relations and Development Coordinator, Ex Officio
|Brian Keith||Ex Officio|
|Bonnie Smith||Ex Officio|