Subject Authority Submission Form
(Based on LC SACO workform; in-house use at the University of Florida Libraries only)
- Use the pull-down menus to select the appropriate MARC 21 tag for each
- Use the dollar sign $ to note a delimiter before the subfield code
(e.g, $x, $z)
- If proposed heading is 100, 110, 111, or 130, supply the
appropriate indicator; 150s-151s do not require indicator; apply this instruction
to 4xxs and 5xxs also.
- 1XX, 4XX, or 5XX headings with subdivisions require keying the
subfields by using a delimiter ($) and the appropriate MARC subfield code.
- Add diacritics preceding the affected letter (e.g., M(acute)exico) as
- When citing geographic coordinates spell out the coordinates (e.g.,
47deg. 35min. 34sec.N)