Monograph Cataloging Guidelines
for Urban and Regional Planning Documents
1. Monographs needing cataloging for the Urban and Regional Planning Documents collection are sent to Jackie Brown in the Science and Social Science Cataloging Unit of the Cataloging and Metadata Department. The collection is arranged by a special classification scheme that allows for shelving by regional planning districts, then counties within the districts, followed by cities, towns and villages within the counties and by subjects within each of those entities. Docs staff writes the call number on the front of the piece
2. Member copy is identified in OCLC.
4. Create original (K level) bib records.
5. Add TKR field to bib record; i.e., (FU)PLANyyyymmdd
6. Use Sublibrary/Collection: UFDOC/PL
7. ITEMS ARE NOT CHARGED
8. DO NOT SEND ITEMS TO REGULAR PROCESSING
9. Docs staff writes the call number on the front of the piece
10. Cataloger writes call number in back of book under barcode and stamp plan docs
11. Books are packed and sent back to the documents department via campus mail
Cataloging Guidelines for Urban and Regional Planning Documents
Prepared by: Priscilla Williams
Last updated: February 26, 2004