Contributed Cataloging Unit
Goals for 2012/2013
- Catalog Special Collections books and other priority resources, including Baldwin, Book Arts, Florida History Microfilm, Rare Books and Serials, Yasuda Collection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Yasuda) and Cooper Collection as well as antique maps in the Maps & Imagery Library.
- Catalog federal documents in storage and provide cataloging and other support services for other materials in storage as needed in preparation for the new high density storage facility.
- Support development of metadata for UFDC and work towards management of EDIS reports.
- Support UF affiliate libraries by serving as cataloging liaisons to LGBT Reading Room, Herbarium, Harn Museum, and IFAS centers’ libraries.
- Participate in reviewing and updating AlephPro guidelines and Shared Bib guidelines
- Prepare for RDA implementation in late 2012 and early 2013
- Begin using RDA rules for original cataloging March 31, 2012
- Learn to use new Connexion version 2.40
- Learn to work efficiently in Shared Bib Aleph
Statewide and National Efforts
- Contribute bibliographic and authority records for BIBCO, CONSER and NACO programs, propose new and changed subjects for SACO.