Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

CatMet Management Group Minutes

January 4, 2012

Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

Department meeting

Dean Russell will not be able to attend the 1/30/12 department meeting.  CMG would like Rachel to share the latest news on storage, the budget, and the job freeze.  The agenda will also include an update on the shared bib implementation, info from ALA Midwinter Meeting, and any announcements.  For the Fiscal Services visit, each unit/area will talk briefly (~2 minutes) about their activities.

Shared bib implementation

The overview session slides and notes will be available on the UF Shared Bib LibGuide.  Betsy will send an e-mail following the 1/5/12 session to spread the word.

CMG discussed the possibility of batch suppressing active holdings attached to suppressed bibs.  If there is an active holding attached to a suppressed bib when we move to shared bib, the title will come over as active and the OPAC will display it.

Round Robin

Each CMG member talked about current unit/area activities and projects.

Catalog Problems

Naomi will follow-up with Peter about sending a message to Education regarding analytic requests.

 

University of Florida Home Page