Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

CatMet Management Group Minutes

January 20, 2010

Attendees:  Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

Cataloging subject guides

Jimmie shared a suggestion from the Endeca Communications Group to catalog the library's subject guides.  Jimmie will develop a workflow to extract the metadata using Connexion Browser, apply constant data, review/revise, and add to WorldCat and Aleph.  CMG discussed the need for notification of subject guide revisions.  LibGuides allow for RSS feeds, which might be a possibility.  Betsy will forward Jimmie information gathered previously re. the inability to employ e-mail updates with UF's version of LibGuides.

ECIP

At ALA Midwinter David Williamson at the Library of Congress reported that the technical problems with UF's implementation of ECIP have been resolved.  He plans to contact Priscilla post-conference to get the ball rolling.

Offsite facility

An architect is reviewing the renovation plans for the offsite facilities near 13th Street and will provide cost estimates that should inform decisions about pursuing that location.  The current occupants offered to share a list of items they do not plan to take with them to their new location at the Eastside campus.

Department meeting

CMG brainstormed questions to send to Judy prior to the January 27 department meeting.

OCLC Reclamation project

Betsy referred CMG to the reclamation notes at http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/catmet/reclamation.html for an update.  Jane Anne and Betsy are meeting with Jason on January 22 to strategize about how to proceed.

Harn Museum

Peter reported that he's going to train a staffperson at the Harn who has been newly assigned to create records for the Bishop Study Center collection.

MODS mapping

Betsy will draft a mapping of the VIVO publication fields sent by Val to MODS for CMG review.

OCLC Tech Bulletin 257

Doug reported that the Training Committee would like input re. which fields will be implemented locally.  Jimmie offered to review the list.  Betsy will check with FCLA re. whether Aleph reflects the changes. [Post-meeting FCLA notified that this has not been done yet; they will send word when completed.]

 

University of Florida Home Page