CatMet Management Group Minutes
February 16, 2011
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
Copy Cataloging Library Assistant 3 position
Interviews are completed. A decision will be made soon.
Recently, the branches agreed to dispense with using copy numbers on spine labels. CMG is inclined to eliminate copy designators and descriptions on holdings and items. Before implementing, CMG is gathering more information. Jane Anne is going to check to find out if any special collections material should continue to get copy numbers, and Doug is going to see if any macros would need to be revised. Betsy said that Michele Crump is planning to bring this topic up at a Circulation Discussion Group meeting on February 21.
UFSTO bibs without OCLC numbers
6,000+ UFSTO bibs are missing OCLC numbers. Approximately 1,000 are add copies that the deduplication team at ALF will encounter. A workflow needs to be developed for cataloging these titles.
Education is interested in reclassing their journals to LC. Priscilla will coordinate the project in consultation with Naomi.
Peter attended RDA-related sessions at the MLA Conference. He shared the results of his review of a few RDA records for sound recordings.
Priscilla will review the latest RDA records to enter the catalog and correct headings, as needed.
Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) grant: proposal to catalog 3,000 maps of Florida in the Historical Map Collection; recent rewrite includes collaboration with four Florida organizations.
Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant: proposal to expand and enhance Florida Electronic Federal Depository Library (FEFDL); includes cataloging component.
- Stumpy Harris collection: cataloging is almost completed; replacement CDs are supposed to be ordered for the titles with copied CDs.
- Coffey miniature books: waiting on virtual bookplate; Jane Anne will contact Barbara Hood to check on status.
- Congressional Hearings: a meeting is being scheduled with Dean Russell to discuss workflow in light of LC record file.
- Law Library Microform Consortium (LLMC) project: dLOC is going to host about 700 titles from the Haiti Patrimony Collection, which is being scanned through the LLMC; all cataloging is being done by a cataloger at the St. Louis University Law School.
- LAC newspaper project: Naomi and Todd are working through boxes of Panama-related newspapers housed in Rm 300C; each box gets an item record; the material will be kept at ALF.
- UFDC Mango feed: DLC continues to work on adding the remaining UFDC titles to Mango.
- Reclamation: Jane Anne and Betsy are methodically working through the error records.
- ETDs: Copy Cataloging has completed the May ETDs and will soon begin to catalog the August ETDs; the macro only works correctly on Gerald's computer so the copy catalogers send Gerald records needing OCLC numbers added.
- Creative Commons license: still in test Mango; original records with 970 fields will not get the license statement.