Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

CatMet Management Group Minutes

February 18, 2009

Attendees:  Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Nancy Poehlmann, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

Baldwin

Kelli Schoneck will do a Summer internship.  Her duties will be outlined by Betsy.    Kelli has a history background and will earn her degree by the end of Summer. 

 

Grants Management Committee

Nancy will replace Jane Anne on the grants management committee.

 

Hikaru’s Cyrillic mini-grant

Hikaru and Nancy will present at ALA Annual.

 

UFDC

Jimmie met with Laurie to discuss activities.  Laurie provided a list for Hank’s database cataloging of the UFDC collections.  Jorge is working on FIRM set records. 

 

Shared storage facility

Michele will meet with John and Judy and will ask when the next meeting will take place about cataloging the documents in storage.

 

OCLC reclamation project

TSPC reps, Betsy, Priscilla, Naomi, and FCLA Coordinator, Jason, met with Judy and John.  Judy wanted to meet with representatives before the March CSUL meeting.   

 

DVD accession numbers

Supervisors will instruct catalogers to use the same accession number for replacements.  Doug will follow-up with John Van Hook.

 

OCLC authorizations 

The OCLC authorizations list has been updated and is located on the server in the Catalog department folder.

 

Projects in Lieu of

A meeting to discuss a new workflow for Projects in Lieu of involving digitization has been scheduled for March 3rd.  Nancy and Gerald will attend from CatMet.

 

Position Descriptions

Catalog department staff position descriptions are posted in the Cataloging folder on the server.

 

ACRL newsletter

Betsy will send Laura Jordan information for the Florida Chapter, ACRL newsletter.

 

Re-indexing

Proposed date to re-index for UF?  No time frame yet.  There will be some data review on cataloging part. [Date was set after the meeting - April 13-May 3]

 

University of Florida Home Page