Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

CatMet Management Group Minutes

March 21, 2012

Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

Guest: Gerald Langford

Shared Bib

Jane Anne gave a status report on the clean-up projects and gathered input on TKRs and bib tags targeted for removal.  Jane Anne will make individual assignments to review specific TKRs and tags and make decisions about how to handle.

Floor security

Facilities installed additional doorbells.  Betsy will talk to Brad next week about the volume of the bell at the west end of the floor and the lack of a bell at the main door.  Peter will be consulted to find out if access permissions need to be changed.   

Book drive
The library Green Team in collaboration with Gifts and Exchange is submitting a proposal for a campus-wide book drive. Any material collected will be reviewed by selectors before being sent to Cataloging.

April department meeting

Agenda items for the April department meeting include Shared Bib and RDA.  Additional topics will be determined later.  Betsy will invite Rachel and Judy.

Serial adds

Cataloging serial adds is being transferred from Acquisitions to Cataloging.  Four staff from Copy Cataloging and four staff from Contributed Cataloging will be tapped to eliminate a backlog prior to beginning the ongoing workflow.

 

University of Florida Home Page