Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer
CatMet Management Group Minutes
May 9, 2007

Attendees: Haiyun Cao, Steve Fuquay, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano; Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young,

Computers
Cataloging & Metadata received 24 new computers. Greg will do the necessary shifts so that as many staff as possible get the new computers. Greg has asked Beatriz to work with a liaison in each unit to assist with the back-up of files.

Catalog Problems
Betsy has spoken with Will Chaney about the possibility of using the syshelp software for the Catalog Problems mailbox. Will said this would be possible and suggested we look at this in the fall when Systems is expected to make revisions to syshelp. Such a change would require a new workflow in which Laydene would retrieve Catalog Problem e-mails and distribute them to the appropriate librarian.

Aleph 18
Priscilla explained that the SUL Authorities Subcommittee has been asked to review the core indexes. The subcommittee will also discuss what indexes other Universities are interested in using.

LTQF (PALMM resources)
FCLA has created a new Aleph Library called DLUO1. All locally digitized material will go into DLUO1. FCLA is requesting feedback on the test client by May 17th. Haiyun will schedule a meeting with the Digital Library Center to discuss DLUO1 workflow.

CONSER Operations Committee
Naomi reported that CONSER's Access-Level record will be implemented June 1. She plans to meet with the serials catalogers to review the details.

Communications Committee
Naomi reported that the Pilot project on liberalizing food and drink policy in Library West begins Summer A on Monday, May 14th. Some snack foods along with covered drinks will be permitted. No hot, odorous foods will be allowed.

 

University of Florida Home Page