Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer
CatMet Management Group Minutes

May 25, 2010

Attendees:  Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Hikaru Nakano, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

BIBCO/CONSER meeting recap

Priscilla and Naomi reviewed highlights from the recent BIBCO and CONSER meetings. 

Internet Archive material

The metadata workflow for IA material needs to be reviewed in light of DLC's IA ingest and record export to Mango and WorldCat. 

Single bib

Catalogers may be needed to assist with the clean-up of erroneous tags/indicators.  Jane Anne will complete the analysis of the error list to identify which tags/indicators can be corrected globally and which require manual review.

Betsy reported that during the 5/21/10 Single Bib Pilot Project conference call FCLA explained the necessity of creating UFER holdings for full text links in a single bib environment.  Holdings have to be attached to bibs for the bib to display in the OPAC.  CMG discussed the existing UFER collection codes to determine if the list could be simplified.  Before pursuing changes, Betsy will check to find out how the E-Resources Unit utilizes particular UFER collection codes. 

New collections

The Institute of Black Culture library collection has been donated to the library.  The volumes, which are located in the alcove, will be processed after the selector has completed the weeding and the virtual bookplate is available.

Items from the Women in Development collection will start to arrive from Gifts over the next few months.  Betsy will check with Rachel about the availability of funding to support the cataloging.  Also, Betsy will share CMG's suggestions to create serial provisionals for annuals and periodicals and change the notation on the slips that go in the books. [Follow-up: David will mark the slips "WDev"; also Gifts records a HOL tickler specific to the collection; no bookplate is needed.]

RDA Open Access sign-up

Betsy will submit the form to get institutional access to RDA offered this summer on a no-cost trial basis.

Hikaru's schedule

Due to Hikaru's nine month appointment, she will be away from June 2-August 17.

E-resources grover option

Catalog Problem reports re. e-resources should be submitted via grover.  Jimmie will check to find out if the Catalog Problems mailbox can be added to the notify list.

Access Support request

Michele Crump requested search training for Access Support staff as well as a cataloging liaison.  Doug is going to get familiar with the browser version of Connexion and schedule the training.  Jane Anne will serve as the liaison.  Betsy will notify Michele.  

 

 

University of Florida Home Page