June 8 , 2011
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
2010-2011 annual goals and reports
Unit/area annual reports are due August 15. Goals should also be developed and posted.
July department meeting
With the division annual meeting scheduled in July, the department meeting will be cancelled. Instead the birthday celebration will be held with time for announcements.
Peter and Naomi shared information gathered at the recent SALALM and NASIG conferences.
Effective July 1, Library of Congress will begin a six month trial to stop assigning LC class numbers and LC Subject Headings to clinical medicine titles not added to LC's permanent collection. The National Library of Medicine will continue to provide MeSH headings and NLM class numbers. HSCL is going to keep track of titles received to assess the impact.
Doug discussed the need to document whether an item is a gift as part of the cataloging stats.
- Stodocs: Jackie is going to increase her FTE to three days/week.
- ALF: Patsy is going to work at ALF Thursday and Friday afternoons to assist the Dedup team; Terri is available to assist Hang and the Traying team with problems; the ALFdocs pilot results are being examined.
- Egolf: the project is on track to finish by June 30!
- Education reclass: labels on order; Naomi expects to finish reclassifying by the end of summer.
- Historic news accounts: workflow is fully developed and progress is being made.
- Hathi load: still under review by Collections/Public Services.
- ERIC load: in development
- CLIR antique map grant: update to proposal in development
- UFDC: waiting for DLC to update test feed and send selected collections to production Mango
- LLMC: waiting for DLC to add LLMC number to UFDC brief view display, if possible
Discovery tool pilot
Jimmie encouraged CMG to examine the discovery tools under consideration - see http://guides.uflib.ufl.edu/discovery.