CatMet Management Group Minutes
July 2, 2008
Attendees: Greg Allen, Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Randy Jewett, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Nancy Poehlmann, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Hank Young
The Liaisons from Cataloging were invited to attend the CMG meeting to figure out how to cope with change. All computer problems will be reported to Systems via syshelp. The Systems Department will maintain an inventory list and will coordinate moving of all connexion updates. Betsy would like to monitor and track all syshelp problems for awhile. Staff should cc: catalog problems folder for review and tracking. When problem is resolved staff should forward to catalog problems folder.
CMG decided to form a general list of computer resource expert staff who have advanced skills to help others with computer questions/problems.
Hank is going to develop a UF Catalog Blog. Some ideas/suggestions for items of discussion were promotions, informal chat, announcements, archive emails, etc. Hank said anonymous comments will be disabled.
Priscilla reported that the AFA reclass project is progressing. Terri has done labels for all reports for items that AFA scanned. Portions of the 700s that were not there as an item in the report were not on the shelf. Jason will do the flipping on titles. In terms of all sections, cataloging part is basically finished.
Peter has met with Harn staff to train them how to use Aleph. For Harn records that are duplicates, the plan is to suppress the Harn record and move their holding.
Library Council thinks it’s a good idea to document unfunded travel in PeopleSoft if it is outside Alachua County. Brian will set up a meeting with staff who does travel. Email trail will continue to be done for unfunded travel in Alachua County. Travelers will send an email to their supervisors so that they are able to track where staff is going.
Convocation greatest hits
Staff is urged to send suggestions which could include projects completed, papers published, graduation, etc.
The Communications Committee still has not met.
Jane Anne announced that the summer party will be held in the first week of August.
Jason is involved in text message testing.