July 6, 2011
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
CMG members who attended ALA Annual shared information gathered.
July department gathering
CMG brainstormed topics from ALA Annual, etc. to discuss with department.
CMG meeting with Dean Russell
Dean Russell is scheduled to meet with CMG on 8./17/11. Suggested topics include the new support center and centralized functions, such as authority maintenance; interim statewide storage; and any updates regarding a department move.
- Egolf: Kudos to Jane Anne and the Egolf team for a job well done!
- ALF: CMG discussed the workflow for zero OCLC material
- Education reclass: labels on order; Naomi expects to finish reclassifying by the end of summer.
- Hathi load: UF became a Hathi Trust member as of 6/1/11; the discovery tool decision may impact a Mango record load
- Coffey collection: 121 miniature books have been cataloged; on track to finish the project by fall
The stats spreadsheet now includes a column to indicate if an item is a gift. Doug will submit a grover to update the stats macros for catalogers to record if an item is a gift.