July 7, 2009
Attendees: Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams
July department meeting
CMG discussed the agenda for the upcoming department meeting: Connexion tip, department reorganization, ALA highlights, and announcements.
Annual highlights - due August 14.
CMG reviewed a draft list of FY10 department goals and made revisions as follows:
- Transition to new organizational structure
- Manage OPS budget reduction
- Complete OCLC reclamation project
- Finalize initial load and implement update process for OCLC Local Serials Holdings (LHR) service
- Reinstitute rare book cataloging workflow, including Cooper Science Collection items
- Launch project to catalog federal documents in storage
- Collaborate on digitization priority planning and provide cataloging as needed
- Participate in preparations for shared storage facility
- Establish workflow for reclass of circulating storage material
- Update uncataloged collections inventory
Library Administration has requested that the department update the uncataloged inventory. CMG members will be responsible for contacting assigned areas/curators to find out the latest information.
CMG reviewed a draft version of the CatMet Services page, which provides information needed for grant proposals and assigning cataloging priorities.
The Catalog Scoop LibGuide was officially launched with the latest Endeca Update e-mail sent to All Library Staff. In the future, it may be possible for staff to set up an e-mail alert if the page is updated.
Doug asked if it is still necessary to follow the AlephPro Local Treatment for Z Class Number procedure. CMG discussed and confirmed that this practice should be continued. Doug will talk to Paul Lightcap to assure that shelf-ready material with selected Z class numbers are pulled from shipments for reclassification.
Doug announced that Hank has joined the department Training Committee.