CatMet Management Group Minutes
July 11, 2012
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
Doug will notify Contributed Cataloging about helping with the serial add backlog inherited from Acquisitions. Problems should be directed to Naomi, Hank, or Judy. New incoming adds will be handled by Copy Cataloging.
In order to cover the current influx of Stogen material, Doug and Jimmie will talk with staff about switching their Stodocs time to Stogen temporarily.
Tentative word is that Stodocs will not be allocated any OPS funds for fiscal year 2013. The plan is to monitor throughput at the existing rate of production along with projected dates for HDF construction and assess the need to increase FTE later in the year.
Branch moves and serials check-in
Jimmie, Priscilla, Naomi, and Betsy attended a meeting on 7/11/12 with TSS Heads and Branch Heads about the branch moves. Priscilla is going to coordinate with the branches and ALF to nail down the workflow for handling withdrawals and transfers.
The meeting was also supposed to include a discussion about serials check-in, but due to time constraints, the topic was postponed until a later date tbd.
Cat Problems mailbox
- Course Reserves will notify Cat Problems when their brief records need to be deleted.
- Problems with shared bib monographic material reported to CATCLIENT-L will be handled by the Cat Problems designee.
- Department staff have been given permission to delete records.
- FLVC is working on problems with the LKR fields.
- Monographic duplicates may be reported to CATCLIENT-L.
- Serial issues should be reported to SERCLIENT-L.
A campus LGBT collection may become an affiliated library. If it does, Greg will serve as the cataloging liaison.
- Hikaru is going to serve on the Travel Committee.
- Susan Duser is going to serve on the Public Relations and Marketing Committee.
- Naomi will continue another year on the Grants Committee.
Per CMG, Betsy will ask HR to schedule the cancelled RDA sessions in August.
July department meeting
Betsy will send an e-mail to CMG asking what needs to be covered from recent conferences. However, the primary topic is expected to be Shared Bib.