Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

CatMet Management Group Minutes

July 11, 2012

Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young

Serial adds

Doug will notify Contributed Cataloging about helping with the serial add backlog inherited from Acquisitions. Problems should be directed to Naomi, Hank, or Judy.  New incoming adds will be handled by Copy Cataloging. 

Stogen

In order to cover the current influx of Stogen material, Doug and Jimmie will talk with staff about switching their Stodocs time to Stogen temporarily.

Stodocs

Tentative word is that Stodocs will not be allocated any OPS funds for fiscal year 2013.  The plan is to monitor throughput at the existing rate of production along with projected dates for HDF construction and assess the need to increase FTE later in the year. 

Branch moves and serials check-in

Jimmie, Priscilla, Naomi, and Betsy attended a meeting on 7/11/12 with TSS Heads and Branch Heads about the branch moves.  Priscilla is going to coordinate with the branches and ALF to nail down the workflow for handling withdrawals and transfers. 

The meeting was also supposed to include a discussion about serials check-in, but due to time constraints, the topic was postponed until a later date tbd.

Cat Problems mailbox

Shared Bib

LGBT library

A campus LGBT collection may become an affiliated library.  If it does, Greg will serve as the cataloging liaison.

Committees

RDA sessions

Per CMG, Betsy will ask HR to schedule the cancelled RDA sessions in August.

July department meeting

Betsy will send an e-mail to CMG asking what needs to be covered from recent conferences.  However, the primary topic is expected to be Shared Bib.

 

University of Florida Home Page