October 5, 2011
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
Christine Fruin will be speaking at the October 18 department meeting. Additional agenda topics are welcome.
Jane Anne is in the process of updating Special and Area Studies Collections Department entries in the Uncataloged Inventory. CMG members who liaison to other departments were encouraged to review the list as well.
- Summon: Jimmie reported that the implementation team is hoping to have a beta version ready soon
- ECIP: technical difficulties are still happening; Jane Anne will contact LC to see if they can be resolved
- Storage-journal inventory: Naomi provided holdings training for ALF staff
- Storage-condition assessment: Naomi and Betsy are part of a task group looking at metadata to record retention information
- Storage-Stogen: Jimmie, Betsy, and Cathy Martyniak are developing a proposal to hire OPS to assist with the Stogen project
- Education reclass: Terri is busy producing labels; Naomi has a few more titles to reclass
- UFDC: DLC is working with FCLA to move non-MARC UFDC records to production
Peter announced that the Libraries' holiday party is going to have a retro theme.