December 7, 2011
Attendees: Peter Bushnell, Jane Anne Carey, Jimmie Lundgren, Hikaru Nakano, Betsy Simpson, Doug Smith, Priscilla Williams, Naomi Young
Catalog Problems mailbox
Jane Anne discussed the 2012 rotation she developed. Each CMG member will serve as secondary monitor during the month following his/her assignment as primary monitor.
Shared bib implementation
Betsy announced that the SUL deans (CSUL) voted unananimously at their December meeting to implement a shared bib for all 11 SULs by June 2012.
The next quarterly meeting is scheduled for January. Potential agenda topics include the shared bib implementation and updates from the ALA Midwinter Meeting. In addition, Fiscal Services staff will attend to talk about their office and learn about the department - per a request from Grace Strawn earlier in the fall.
- "Stocat" was selected as the catch-all name for all the storage cataloging projects
- Stodocs team will catalog selected DPI collections designated as a Gov Doc Center of Excellence (COE)
- Stogen team will tackle problems identified by Alf staff as part of an upcoming pilot to check monographic bibliographic record quality for 2,400 books
- Naomi is developing workflow with ALF staff for processing JSTOR and other serials
- Alfdocs (gov docs at ALF that are not part of Stodocs) are going to be pulled to avoid traying and set aside for cataloging at the end of the Stodocs project
- Summon: Some titles have not been displaying in OneSearch because Summon misinterpreted 004 data included in the record files. The problem is being corrected.
- ECIP: Testing is ongoing.
- Reclamation: Review and correction is continuing, but the end is in sight. Some records might be sent back to OCLC for reprocessing.