Goals for the H & SC Unit 2008-2009
Support the Department’s goal of improving workflows, and increasing contributions to Cooperative Programs. Work to decrease backlogs, and to increase access to Special Collections materials.
- Reclass problems from the AFA Dewey collection.
- Continue to guarantee that Special Collections workflows continue in a timely manner, until such time as the Rare Books Cataloger position may be filled.
- Work with selectors to complete reviews of problem backlog materials.
- Obtain NACO independent status for Chinese personal name headings.
- Continue to investigate ways to add Cyrillic characters to local records.
- Increase BIBCO contributions by 10%
- Contribute to the Library of Congress Electronic Cataloging in Publication Program (ECIP).
- Contribute to the CONSER goal of 400 new and revised records.
- Provide cataloging support for the NEH Baldwin Phase III grant (to end 12/31/08).
Prepared by: Nancy Mitchell Poehlmann
Date: June 11, 2008