Charge for Staff Structure Reorganization Committee
- To establish a staff position classification system for library specific positions that best serves the libraries’ stake holders
Specific charges to the committee:
- Review the current library specific positions and the current position classification system for them.
- Review the staff positions and classification systems of other similar organizations outside of the University.
- Consider the work completed by the most recent committee working on the revision of the staff structure. Adopt their recommendations as you see fit.
- Solicit input from the University’s Classification and Compensation staff.
- Solicit input from employees from throughout the libraries via surveying.
- Develop a proposed system that adequately serves all of the libraries. This proposal should consider advancement practices such as steps or advancement in place, and the use of competencies.
Proposal due to the Directors by May 30, 2006
- Rick Donnelly
- Beth Layton
- Angela Stewart
- Betsy Simpson
- Jim Stevens
- Lori Driscoll
- Robert Shaddy
- Laurie Brennan
- Brian Keith
- Kim Schares, Assistant Director, UF Classification and Compensation
- Committee Minutes
- Crticial Path for Creating Draft Structure
- Review of Current Structure
- Background Information on Previous Committee Work (2005)
- Other Programs Committee has Reviewed
- Staff Survey
- Recommendation Report
- Summary Report to Library Council Presented 7/7/06
Final Presentation and Updates:
Committee Email Address: StfStrctComm@uflib.ufl.edu