The ARL Statistics Working Group will review annually the ARL Statistics Survey in order to standardize the data that the University of Florida reports for collections and collections expenditures only in the following forms: ARL Statistics, Preservation Statistics, and Supplementary Statistics. The task force will continue to define the data categories for UF collections and expenditures for those collections using the ARL definitions. The task force will host means for collecting survey data and examine codes and workflows within Aleph in order to identify ways in which the data collecting can be further automated within the system. The task force will implement new ARL definitions, identify standard data gathering techniques, and review statistical reports. The members will serve on a rotating basis and the membership will have at least one representative from the Health Science Center Library and the Legal Information Center.
- Steve Carrico, Chair (Acquisitions and Licensing) 2007-2009
- Cecilia Botero (HSCL, Technical Services) 2007-2009
- Ed Hart (LIC, Acquisitions) 2007-2009
- Vernon Kisling (Collections) 2007-2009
- Betsy Simpson (Cataloging and Metadata) 2007-2009
- Identify and define data to be gathered for ARL surveys.
- Footnote gathering techniques for consistent data reporting.
- Adjust and maintain a chart of library staff that report statistics in each category.
- Adjust Aleph codes to better identify categories for statistics gathering.
- Identify and/or create Aleph reports that will support ARL statistics gathering.
- Liaison with E-Resources Unit concerning SerialsSolution statistics for online journals and FCLA for consortia data.
- Build and maintain a web page for statistical gathering and reporting
- Final report: August 3, 2007