This page is managed by the UF Smathers Libraries’ Statistics & Assessment Committee
Welcome to the home of library statistics. This page is dedicated to gathering, analyzing and reporting library statistics in ways that help library workers make meaningful decisions and demonstrate library impact.
In addition to developing databases that allow librarians and staff to input the metrics from their areas of operation, you will find important reports, survey results, and other documents on the statistics compiled at the Smathers Libraries.
Members will serve on a rotating basis and the membership will have one representative from each of the Libraries’ statistical collection units and the Legal Information Center.
Current Membership, General Responsibilities, and Role
Please see our Guides@UF page.
- Identify and define data to be gathered for ARL surveys.
- Footnote gathering techniques for consistent data reporting.
- Adjust and maintain a chart of library staff that report statistics in each category.
- Adjust Aleph codes to better identify categories for statistics gathering.
- Identify and/or create Aleph reports that will support ARL statistics gathering.
- Liaison with E-Resources Unit concerning SerialsSolution statistics for online journals and FCLA for consortia data.
- Build and maintain a web page for statistical gathering and reporting