April 3, 2007
Present: Trudi Di Trolio, Michelle Foss, Kathryn Kennedy, Vernon Kisling, Angela Mott, Elaine Needleman, Amy Polk
1. The Committee made the following recommendations for Summer Semester:
- Asking UPD to bring back a RAD class
- Kathryn will teach a Google class in July
- Kathryn asked that a class similar to the class on Toxic Personalities be considered
- A Budgeting and Saving class be scheduled
- HR will not be available to train over the summer because of their move, but they will be back in the fall. However they will be bringing What to Do When Everything is Important class which will be scheduled for May
- A class on Open Enrollment and Benefits class be scheduled at the end of the summer and before open enrollment
- A Retirement workshop be scheduled, with the possibility of breaking the workshop down into smaller sections.
- Aleph v18 training is in the process of being scheduled. Endeca training and Research trainings should be forthcoming
- Contribute, Dreamweaver , Blogs and RSS Feeds be scheduled
- CSS was well received, and if there is a willing instructor, it would be good to repeat
- Amy will look into whether Vista training will happen during late summer or fall and whether Vista can be loaded on the laptops in the training room
- A class on Managing Upward will be scheduled
- Healthy Living Lunches will be scheduled. It was recommended that participants bring their own lunches rather than having a covered dish event
- A lunch for mentors/mentors will be scheduled in April or May
2. Trudi and Michelle will look in whether or not ports are activated for the training rooms and how phones might be ordered for those rooms.
3. The webpage, Free Computer Training Available, designed by Amy was approved and will be added to the Staff Development website.