Electronic Resources Management Committee
Minutes for meeting on August 22, 2007, 2 p.m. Library East conf. rm.
- Steve Carrico, Acquisitions & Licensing (Co-Chair)
- Doug Kiker, Electronic Resources Unit (Co-Chair)
- Rich Bennett, Electronic Access Services Coordinator (3 year term)
- Pam Cenzer, Public Service Liaison (2 year term)
- Ed Hart, Law Library (3 year term)
- Peter McKay, Collection Management Liaison (2 year term)
- Michele Crump, Interim Assistant Director, Technical Services Division
- Sara Russell Gonzalez
- Jay Wiese
- Amanda Yesilbas, FCLA Technical Services Support Specialist for Verde
1. Usage Statistics
Jay is still working on compiling usage statistics for UF electronic resources. Due to the large time investment needed to access and normalize usage statistics for each product, Jay is focusing on gathering statistics for the highest-cost packages and databases.
Amanda reports that the new E-Resource Licensing Specialist at FCLA, Claire Dygert, will be in charge of compiling usage statistics for FCLA-managed electronic resources.
2. Verde implementation
Amanda reported on progress implementing Verde at FCLA and at other state university libraries. Committee discussed uses and requirements for Verde or another electronic resource management system.
Currently, Verde implementation is on hold until SFX/Verde interoperability is working. In the mean time, the Committee agreed to test Verde/Aleph interoperability, which involves the following steps:
- Select a test set of electronic resources
- Manually key in Aleph order numbers in the corresponding Verde records
- Alternatively, manually key in the Verde ERM ID number into the corresponding Aleph record
- Notify Amanda that the records are ready for synchronization
The Electronic Resources Unit will begin keying in records from the Oxford and Cambridge e-journal packages.
The Committee also discussed the possibility of also entering license data for this test set as well as running test reports on this data.
Further test sets including databases and/or e-books may be selected in the future.
3. Serials Solutions 360 Resource Manager
Serials Solutions electronic resource manager product, 360 Resource Manager, was briefly discussed as a possible alternative to Verde. Serials Solutions representatives may make a site visit in mid-September 2007.
2 p.m., Wednesday, September 26; Library East Conference Room