Electronic Resources Management Working Group
The Electronic Resources Management Committee oversees the process of selecting, acquiring and making accessible electronic resources within the University of Florida Libraries. The committee will promote library-wide communication concerning the management of electronic resources by establishing effective workflows for selection, license approval, budget and format control, usage reports, bibliographic processing, and end-user interface. The committee will serve as a key source for evaluating new technology and recommending initiatives that improve patron access to electronic resources. Monthly meetings may include invited speakers or vendors demonstrating new products that will enrich the electronic resources collections.
Issues for discussion
- Communicate FCLA electronic resources purchases obtained for SUL.
- Develop workflow and means for managing UF Libraries shared purchases.
- Develop Website for reporting current usage statistics.
- Monitor current budgetary allocations and expenditures for electronic resources.
- Christian Poehlmann, Chair
- Steve Carrico, Acquisitions & Licensing
- Cecilia Botero, HSCL
- Amy Buhler, MSL
- Ed Hart, Law Library
- Patrick Reakes, Collection Management Liaison
- Peter McKay, Collection Management Liaison
- Jack Waters, Acquisitions and Licensing
- Claire Dygert, FCLA