To manage the library's public workstation environment so that users can access and use electronic information effectively and independently. To respond to requests from public service units to enhance services delivered via public computers.
Amy Polk, Chair; Marvin Crabb; Paul McDonough; Michael Howell; Laurie Brennan; Trish Ruwell; Logan Clapp; and Carol Whitmer.
- Meet as needed but at least monthly to share information and work toward the above purpose. Invite guests, as appropriate.
- Share, document and implement operational techniques to improve the delivery of electronic information in the libraries. Communicate with other staff, particularly the Public Service liaisons, to facilitate this.
- Keep abreast of and share information concerning new technological developments -- especially those at the University of Florida.
- Report on library user needs, technical concerns, environmental changes, and other challenges to the Director of Public Services, the Public Services Steering Committee, and the Systems Office.
- Make recommendations for changes relating to hardware, software, networks and other supporting infrastructure, user interface/access, library procedures, and service policies that will alleviate problems or improve service.
The Group reports to the Director for Public Services.
Copies of the committee's current and past agendas, minutes, and other pertinent documentation can be found in the Outlook Public Folders under:
"All Public Folders – Public Computers Management Team."