Employee Recognition Committee Meeting
February 14, 2008
Library East Conference Room
Attendees: Laurie Brennan, Debra Fetzer, Barbara Gundersen, Barbara Hood, Brian Keith, Paul Lightcap, Lourdes Santamaria-Wheeler, Betsy Simpson (chair), Ben Walker
Recognition Fund proposals
- The committee reviewed two submissions.
- The committee members agreed that the draft guidelines seemed thorough, and that neither the guidelines nor the nomination form would need substantial changes.
- The award that is presented, currently noted as “[tbd]” on the guidelines webpage [http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/committees/recognition/draftsmathers.html], will be discussed through email by committee members following a meeting with Betsy, Brian, and Grace in Business Services on Monday, Feb. 18th.
- The committee agreed that submissions for Library Awards will be reviewed by ERC members and passed along to the deans in a prioritized list.
- A deadline of July 1st was set for nominations for the awards, which will be given at Convocation.
- August 13th and August 20th were suggested as possible dates for Convocation. Betsy will follow-up with Admin to set the date.
- Three members of the Convocation Planning Committee will need to be replaced: 1 from Technical Services and 2 from Collections. An additional member will be appointed from Support Services. ERC Committee members will submit suggestions for their area by email.
- Committee members will be corresponding through email to set a final date for The Mikado at the Constans Theatre; options are for any day between Thursday, April 17th and Sunday, April 20th, (show Thu.-Sat at 7:30PM; Sun. at 1:30PM; all tickets $8).
Recorder: Paul Lightcap