Employee Recognition Committee Meeting
April 14, 2009
Library East Conference Room
Attendees: Debra Fetzer, Barbara Gundersen, April Hines, Barbara Hood, Michael Howel , Rita Smith, Naomi Young, Ben Walker
- The New York Times article featuring Iona Malanchuk and her "Love your Librarian" award will be matted and framed. Jim Liversidge's article in InSite Magazine as one of the 20 most interesting people in Gainesville will also be matted, framed and presented to him.
Suggestions were made for recognizing other library staff:
- Ben Walker and Pat Reakes
- Those who have volunteered for multiple years at the spring library picnic. Ben will contact John Ingram, Jim Liversidge and Tina Pruitt for the list of names.
- Staff who have worked on the Baldwin grant over the last ten years. Rita will compile the list.
- Bookmarks will be made and sent to all staff to remind them to think about nominating individuals or groups for the Employee Recognition Committee's discretionary funds. Debra will check the Digital Collections for possible images.
Gloria's Retirement Party
- There was a question of whether this was ERC funded. Ben thought that it was, but is following up with the appropriate staff. According to Human Resources staff, there are no other planned retirements for this year.
- Ben will check with Gail Crawford on the cost of the spring picnic.
The libraries' Green Team has suggested the committee buy "green" paper supplies. Beth Zavoyski, the Green Team chair will be contacted for suggestions and choices.
Recorder: Barbara Hood