Employee Recognition Committee Meeting
May 7, 2007
Library East Conference Room
Present: Dina Benson, Laurie Brennan, Brett Diaz, Brian Keith, Peter McKay, Lourdes Santamaria, Betsy Simpson, Barbara Hood
Watercooler now has 42 subscribers. No one has used it yet, other than testing. Archives are stored in Public Folders.
The Journal Club event happened.
The Acquisitions and Licensing event is May 16th.
There have been no further requests for DRF monies. Committee discussed ways to remind staff about DRF.
Betsy requested Directors to fund DRF again next year.
The Holiday Party Committee gave their planning/transaction notebook to the ERC for future reference.
- End of July should be deadline with reminder email from ERC prior to that.
- Should we recommend a standard set of major library awards to the directors?
- Should we have Productivity awards? Perfect Attendance awards? Pioneer awards for innovative work? Instruction awards? 5-star Customer Service award? System Liaison of the Year? Best research of the Year? Technology award? Behind the Scenes award? Super Achiever award?
- Book, plaque or picture as the award?
- Possibly: get consensus across departments about what types of awards are best for certain types of service.
- Who will determine recipients of major library awards? The directors? How do other units determine this? Probably not the ERC or the unit heads, due to possible bias.
- Will major awards be announced at convocation? Keeping in mind that folks don’t like to wade though lengthy ceremonies of that type.
- Should we do another survey? Maybe, because many who work here now were not here for the survey several years ago. Or, set up a possible award structure and then survey to get feedback.
Committee members were assigned the task of reviewing types of awards and award structures for other UF units as well as review info gathered last year.
Recorder: Laurie Brennan