Employee Recognition Committee Meeting
October 9 , 2006
Library East Conference Room
Members present: Betsy, Dina, Laurie, Peter, Lourdes
Members of the Convocation Planning Committee present: Adrian Zeck, Jay Wiese, Sara Gonzalez, Jason Fleming, Dan Reboussin
- Convocation Planning Committee (CPC) falls under the ERC.
- CPC is present to discuss convocation event suggested by the Staff Recognition Committee.
- Budget for the convocation is $500, which can be used towards anything the committee deems appropriate (i.e. food, fees, etc). CPC should speak to ERC if additional convocation funds are desired.
- The service pins will be distributed soon. We may begin to distribute them during convocation.
- Ideas for Staff Recognition awards are not included in the budget.
- CPC will contact the College of Fine Arts to discuss their convocation event.
- Convocation event should be tied to library goals and objectives.
- “State of the Library” is a possibility for event. Other possibilities include an outside speaker. Neither is mandatory but it is highly recommended that statements about the libraries goals, accomplishments, etc be made.
- Convocation event will focus on staff appreciation, possibly highlighting grants awarded and research.
- Target date for convocation is May/June 2007, before ALA. Setting official date is a priority so that it may be put onto the master calendar. Committee will notify Misty when date is firm.
- Important things to consider/include in convocation event are staff appreciation, library goals, and enjoyment.
- CPC will decide their structure and term appointment at first meeting. Appointment shall be 3 member with 2 year terms and 3 members with a 1 year term.
- Before the next meeting CPC members will brainstorm time, date, and location for convocation event. Jason will also schedule the next meeting.
Recorder: Lourdes Santamaria