Employee Recognition Committee Meeting
December 9, 2008
Library East Conference Room
Attendees: Debra Fetzer, April Hines, Michael Howell, Paul Lightcap, Rita Smith, Ben Walker
Holiday Party Update
- Everything is on schedule - they are not in need of our assistance. They are using goods from our Supply Closet. After this celebration, we'll need to pick up/purchase more supplies.
Discussion of Recognition Fund Proposals
- Systems - this proposal has been approved at $12 per head for a luncheon ordered-in at the Library.
- DLC - this proposal will be denied, but we will encourage Laurie Taylor to inform us of any positive feedback they receive regarding the links to the records in OPAC and we appreciate and encourage her to keep the proposals flowing.
- Community Campaign Committee proposal - discussed at length. Ben will contact the submitter to obtain more specific information.
ARL Directors Survey
- Last semester we obtained data from the ARL Directors regarding how they fund and recognize their employees. We have not really analyzed the results. We may want to delve into this for the spring semester. We also need to pursue inviting Sam Huang to one of our meetings to discuss a committee endowment.
Recorder: Debra Fetzer