Library Professional Development Travel Program Review Committee
A Joint Committee Established by the UFLFA and Dean of Libraries
To maintain a professional development travel program for the Smathers Libraries which benefits library patrons through the professional growth, engagement and enrichment library faculty and staff.
Specific charges to the group:
- Examine the professional development travel procedures and practices of peer groups (on campus and nationally) and identify and assess the common and best practices.
- Review the existing professional development travel program for the Smathers Libraries (policies, procedures and utilization by employees).
- Review relevant UF policies and regulations regarding travel.
- Report findings to UFLFA officers and library administrators and solicit their comments.
- Recommend changes to the policies and procedures of the current Smathers professional development travel program which would make it more effective, serviceable and improve the outcomes for employees.
Denise Bennett (co-chair), Tom Caswell (co-chair), John Freund, Brian Keith, Paul Losch, Colleen Seale, Mark Sullivan, Priscilla Williams, Marijka Willis
Survey of on-campus unitsSmathers Libraries funding summaries FY06-11
Survey of library staff -- numbers and charts
Survey of library staff -- comments
Survey of department chairs
Interim Report and Options for FY12 delivered at LFA on May 16