The Professional Development Travel Committee (PDTC) is charged to make recommendations on, define the distribution method for, and oversee allocation of funding for professional development travel.
- The Dean of the Libraries appoints the chair and new members.
- Members serve in overlapping 3-year terms.
- If a member is elected Chair in his/her third year, his/her term will be extended to a fourth year so that an experienced Past Chair will be available to the Committee.
- Membership consists of both faculty and support staff.
- Stacey Ewing, 2011, Chair
- Jane Anne Carey, 2012
- Tom Caswell, 2011
- John Freund, 2011
- Flo Turcotte, 2012
- Marijka Willis, 2012
- Cindy McLean ex officio
- Applications for travel budget funds are to be evaluated by the PDTC.
- Allocation will be made according to the provisions of the employee development handbook.
- The PDTC is charged to communicate with library directors, department chairs and the library Business Office to assure proper administration of the travel budget. This includes monitoring the base budget and noting any funds not used on a timely basis.
- Returned funds may be reassigned at the discretion of the committee.
- The base professional development travel budget for the 2010-2011 academic year is $45,000.
FUNDING ALLOCATION CRITERIA