Do you need to locate articles or other items quickly?
Try these services if:
- You are UF faculty/staff/student, but the libraries don't subscribe and you can't wait for the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service; or
- You are not UF faculty/staff/student, and therefore not eligible to use Interlibrary Loan.
Free articles, generally not research-level:
- FindArticles at BNET
- HighWire Press claims to be "the two largest archive of free full-text science on Earth!"
- Factiva from Dow Jones & Reuters provides articles on business topics.
- HighWire Press offers some articles as pay-per-view.
- IngentaConnect hosts scholarly books and journals from a range of different publishers. Full text is available by pay-per-view or by subscription to individual publications.
- NewsLibrary searches newspapers from across the country. Recent years only.
- HighBeam searches and delivers full text from newspapers, magazines, book reviews, journal articles, and reference works.
- HighWire Press offers a "site pass" for some journals.
- Hoover's Online for business information.
- NewspaperARCHIVE.com - subscribe for unlimited access to U.S. and world papers from 1759 to the present.
- Questia offers mostly books and some articles, emphasizing the humanities and social sciences.
Publishers that offer pay-per-view services:
Companies/services that will locate and deliver your articles for a fee:
- UCF Info Source provides market research; competitive intelligence; journal article, citation, patent and trademark searches; and book loans and delivery of journal articles, technical reports, white papers etc for a fee.
- Information Express provides full-service document delivery to all industries. Their sources and collections include extensive coverage in the areas of science, technology, medicine, business, and management.
- Infotrieve offers immediate document delivery of items included in its service.
- Instant Information Systems specializes in documents for the medical, pharmaceutical, and other health related fields and offers Economy, Rush, and Super Rush services.
- China/Asia On Demand (CAOD) provides a "wide range of journals (9,400 titles), theses and dissertations, patents and conference proceedings" ... "from prestigious publishers and providers in Mainland China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, etc." Also offers translation services.
Services that deliver from their specialized subject collections:
- British Library offers several levels of Document Supply Services for individuals or institutions, one-timers or repeat customers.
- NRC-CISTI, from the National Research Council of Canada, is one of the largest scientific and technical libraries in North America.
- Gallagher Law Library, University of Washington. Gallagher Copy & Send is a fee-based service which supports the research needs of the public by making copies of Gallagher Law Library materials.
- Linda Hall Library delivers items from their Science, Engineering, and Technology collections. Specialties include patents, standards, AIAA Dispatch.
- The National Library of Australia specializes in items relating to Australia and nearby regions.
- NTIS for publications of government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and business-related information. Reports from 1997+ and less than 20 pages long are free.
- Techstreet delivers hard copy or PDFs of engineering and technical industry codes and standards.
- UMI ProQuest sells copies of dissertations, both in print and online formats.