State & Local Govts
Items in Storage
Ask a Question
- Accounts and Papers - Miscellaneous category of sessional papers which
includes treaties and international agreements, financial and statistical
- Bills - Public legislation placed before the Parliament. Private bills
relating to personal affairs, such as divorce, are not part of the sessional
- Breviate -Index to the major papers of the period. Also called a "select
- Command Papers - A category of sessional papers that do not originate
in Parliament, but are presented to it "by command of His or Her Majesty."
- Debates - Record of what is said in Parliament. Often called Hansards
after the first publisher.
- Diaries - Personal narratives of parliamentary speeches and proceedings
- Journals - Official account of the proceedings of Parliament.
- Parliamentary Papers - Loosely refers to all the records of Parliament,
or more specifically to only the sessional papers
- Reports of Royal Commissions - A category of sessional papers which
presents the findings of research or investigations.
- Rolls of Parliament - Earliest records of parliament, up to the sixteenth
- Select Committees - The main investigative body of the Parliament
until the mid-nineteenth century.
- Select List - a breviate or index of major papers. So called because
it is only concerned with a selection of important papers.
- Sessional Papers - Working papers of Parliament, including the bills,
reports, and papers.
- Votes and Proceedings - Compiled from the minute books kept by the
Clerk of the House.