Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)These search options will find UF as well as non-UF ETDs. You may also search only for UF ETDs.
| OPTION A -- Search
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
Connect to ProQuest Dissertations & Theses to
search the entire Dissertation Abstracts database.
- This is
a UF-licensed database requiring being connected from a UF workstation,
or from off campus using either the Library Proxy or UF VPN.
- With more than 2 million entries, PQD&T is the single, central, authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts written by the author. Master's theses published from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts. UMI offers over 1.8 million titles for purchase in microfilm or paper formats. More than 600,000 are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate free download.
|OPTION B -- Search WorldCat Dissertations and Theses|
Connect to WorldCat Dissertations and Theses
- This is a UF-licensed database requiring being connected from a UF workstation, or from off campus using either the Library Proxy or UF VPN.
- Provides access to to over 5 million records of dissertations and theses available in OCLC member libraries catalogs in the WorldCat database. Many theses are available electronically, at no charge, directly from the publishing institution.
- Many dissertations and theses are available for a fee from the ProQuest Dissertation Express ordering service.
|OPTION C -- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)|
The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) is an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic analogues to the traditional paper-based theses and dissertations. Since its inception in 1996, it has worked to improve graduate education, increase the availability of student research, empower students and universities, advance digital library technology, and lower the costs of submitting and handling electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). Search and Browse records of submitted ETDs (across multiple institutions at once), and link to ETDs using...
- Scirus ETD Search -- ETD search and discovery system powered by Scirus and based on data harvested from the Union Archive hosted by OCLC.
- VTLS search -- ETD search and discovery system based at VTLS, using data collected locally, and exposed through the Virtua system.
Search/Browse Page -- More search options may be available
- The Theses Canada Portal provides search and access information for print and online theses and dissertations from Canadian institutions from 1965 to the present.
- The Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR) maintains a list of sites with e-theses.
See more information about finding dissertations including:
- Finding printed dissertations written at UF
- Identifying dissertations written outside UF
- Obtaining copies of dissertations written outside UF