Graduate Student Floor @ Library West
The sixth floor of Library West, supporting both quiet study and collaborative work, is specifically designated for the use by UF graduate students.
- Wireless internet access.
- Individual study carrels & tables with power for laptops & peripherals.
- Large reading tables for quiet group study.
- Lounge seating throughout the floor.
- 3 group study rooms:
- Two rooms accommodate up to 6 students and have 41" display panel.
HDMI & VGA cables are available for checkout at the 2nd floor circulation desk to allow students to hook up and play their laptops on display panels.
- Third room accommodates up to 4 students.
- Media Production & Scanning Station
Access to the graduate study area on the sixth floor is granted at the Circulation service desk on the 2nd floor of Library West. You will need to have a Gator 1 card.
Once your Gator 1 card has been activated by Circulation Services, you will scan/swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader in any of the library elevators before selecting floor 6.
- Only currently enrolled graduate students at the University of Florida may use the sixth floor. Others should not be admitted.
- The floor is available for use during all hours that Library West is open.
- Group study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Rooms may not be reserved in advance.
- Keys for lockers may be checked out at the 2nd floor ciruclation desk. Keys circulate for 1 day.