- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
IT Info Update Meeting Minutes
August 26, 2010
August 26, 2010
- SQL server move to CAN - the process is done. There is only one outstanding application left to move, and that is ILL. That will take longer as they are in the midst of changing their processes.
- Patron Update - issue this week, but it has been fixed. A few fields were changed, causing issues. Most issues are only at the beginning of the term. Patron Update runs every week during the term.
Server Migration to CNS
- Presentation by Chris Nicolich. Walk-through the life cycle of a regular IT Service Request ticket.
- Grover queues listed. Help Desk phone number listed.
- Explanation of automatically generated Grover emails.
- Notify list is not defaulted to be sent emails at all ticket updates. Must check the box to make that happen.
- Ticket search option explained.
- Just about complete. Only the Web server is left.
- Redundancy - copy at CNS.
- Currently configuring the Maps server.
- Eventually, failover to the CNS box will be primary.
- Web migration should be complete in 4-6 weeks. Other than that, everything is on CNS servers.
- Question regarding the slowness of loading the Library Web page and other pages - this is a campus-wide issue. We are seeing it on all systems.
- SharePoint is ready to roll out to the Libraries. If you want a department SharePoint site, please submit a Grover request and we will schedule a meeting to discuss your needs.
- The primary site for campus is: connect.ufl.edu
- SharePoint sites can be locked down as much as needed. They can be edited simultaneously. The calendars can synch with any Exchange calendars. Any function in Exchange is duplicated in SharePoint.
- Win7 public/staff migration - came to a halt four weeks ago. When it was in the testing phase in West, all was well. One month, no issues. We rolled it out to Music and Journalism and the computers will not activate correctly. They deactivate at random or the log on fails and it goes to the default profile. We've spoken with CNS, but it seems to be a Microsoft bug. We have been dealing with Microsoft and there is no ETA on when it will be fixed. We may wait to push it until the next intercession, depending what Admin decides. Once we have it out in the public area, we will push it to the staff. The CIRCA labs are on Win7, but they are on fixed IPS and we use DHCP.
- Canon Printing - Josh and Evan have been on the phone with Canon & Pharos. They are working through a list of issues. The random error messages problem has been partially fixed. The few that still exist should be fixed in the next software upgrade. Reports that patrons have been printing color prints using the black/white charge have not been duplicated. If you see this happen, please call Evan. Lag time - sub-second lag times are now in place. If you see more than this, please submit a Grover ticket. Duplexing is half fixed. It does not work if you are trying to copy, only print. It should be rectified in the next software version. USB drive scans now work - with only a handful of USB types. Devices do not print Word or text, only PDFs, JPEGs or TIFFs. Canon is not planning to make text work. Tray size not auto-switching - fixed.
- Laptop printing - we have a solution for laptop printing. Software on public machines will have to be updated. Will include it with the Win7 image. Will install it by hand on public XP machines is Microsoft can't fix the Win7 problem.
- Personal laptop printing - we have developed a website for patrons to download drivers and print.
- VIVO folks have been given admin rights to their computers.
- Eastside IT Open House scheduled to be scheduled for mid-September.
- Plans for the MSL servers? They will be coming out soon. Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.