- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
IT Info Update Meeting Minutes
September 29, 2010
September 29, 2010
- Smathers Library IT Open House will be held at our new offices at the Eastside campus this Friday, Oct 1, 1-4PM. Contact Peter Miller in Facilities for transportation.
- Power outage recommendations:
- unplug all electronic equipment
- remove network cable at the back of the computers
- Public computers removed from the domain
- Cause - a script that was intended to remove old computers from the domain somehow removed active computers
- We will manually remove old computers in the future to ensure that only the intended computers are removed
- We are in the final sets of migration to the CNS virtual server. The app and web servers should be moved next week. Staff should not experience any interruption.
- Removal of remaining server hardware - MSL server will be closed down this week. We should have it physically removed by the end of the week. We will be taking servers out of the old server room in Library East as well.
- SharePoint 2010 update - we are now live. The Libraries have 1-2 sites up now. If you need a site create, please submit a Grover ticket and we will be glad to help to fulfill your needs.
Public Printing Information/Troubleshooting
- Windows 7 - the problem on the staff side has been fixed. Microsoft determined that sysprep has to be done before the image is made.
- Software Retrieval - the hardware unit will be making arrangements to come around to each department and collect all software. We will send an email out to All Staff to let everyone know.
- Help Desk:
- Phone Number 273-2800 option 1
- Over 300 calls since the Help Desk opened
- 460 Hardware tickets since the beginning of school
- Outage information can be found through the status icon in Grover or calling 273-2800
- Josh Spurgin gave a presentation on public printing and troubleshooting. The slide presentation can be accessed here:
Public Printing Info & Troubleshooting.
- Discussion on where Josh's printing presentation should be displayed. Needs to be put somewhere accessible. Would be good to have it made available to patrons. IT will gladly provide it in any desired medium. This would be a good topic for Branch Chairs to discuss.