- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
IT Info Update Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2010
October 27, 2010
- Recent changes to Grover - it now works with Chrome & Safari.
- Discussion about potential modifications to the notification method: Complete ticket history in email vs. just the last update in email. Most people seem to want the complete ticket history in the email. Automatic notification if you are on the ticket? Let the IT Dept know your opinion.
- Whitelisting Grover email - we are working on a training video.
- Server virtualization update - we will be fully hosted at CNS after next week. Power outages should no longer affect our servers.
- Demo of SharePoint - Logan gave a demo of the functionality of SharePoint. Library site: https://connect.ufl.edu/uflib/
- Public printing update - Smathers Libraries have all been updated. HSCL and Law will be done today.
- Duplexing and USB should be working. If you see any cases where it is not, please submit a Grover.
- Lag times should be fixed.
- Printing from laptops? We are continuing to develop a web site for patrons to be able to go to and download the drivers needed to print.
- Training materials are now available for printing.
- Evan gave a brief demo of the IT Dept SharePoint site (still under construction): https://connect.ufl.edu/uflib/IT/
- Contact Information:
Help Desk 273-2800
Will Chaney 273-2801
- Monthly IT Update normally scheduled for the last Wednesday of the month 2:00 -3:30 in Smathers 1A. See you next month.