- IT Blog
- IT Organizational Chart
- IT Dept Meeting Minutes
- IT Info Meeting Minutes
- DLC-IT Meeting Minutes
- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
IT Info Update Meeting Minutes
January 26, 2011
January 26, 2011
- Recent changes to Grover - it now works with Chrome and Safari. The complete ticket history is contained in Grover email notifications. Notifications limited. Whitelisting of Grover emails discussed.
- Document Disposition database demoed. It is currently piloted in Florida, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands. It will eventually expand to the entire southeast region. It has received positive feedback. It is available to GovDocs only; if you are interested, speak to Jan Swanbeck.
- SharePoint update - let us know if your department is interested in having a site set up. Right now we are working on one for Fiscal Services and HR. It is a good way to collaborate between departments inside and outside of the Library.
- ILS update - Cynthia and Amy have been making good progress with reports.
- ProofPoint Spam Filtering for UF Exchange - it is replacing Barracuda. Logan was asked if it will migrate the whitelist from Barracuda into ProofPoint. Logan is unsure, but he will inquire the UF Exchange folks and let us know. Logan demoed ProofPoint. http://www.mail.ufl.edu/usingproofpoint.shtml
- ALEPH Circ-enable computers - we need an update of all Library computers that are circ-enabled for ALEPH. We are asking that department heads provide IT with a list so we know how many machines need to be enabled for circ access. Once we get the list, we will assign new IPS and then delete the old IPs. Pat Reakes asked if Logan can send out a list of current circ IPS. He said that the list is not up-to-date, but he will do so.
Campus IT Directors Meeting Update
- Altirus update - deployment server is up, notification server is not configured.
- WIN7 migration status - waiting on Steady State for public image. For staff, waiting on Altiris.
- Remedy - ticket tracking system used on campus by CNS, UF Help Desk and others. Campus just purchased a new version and we are looking at it as a possible replacement for Grover.
- Debra Fetzer is working on the IT Dept SharePoint site.
IT Update Meetings
- Meeting October 2010 - came up with a list of action items: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. 18 month plan of action. Next meeting: January 27, 2011 - will start to work on the plan.
- Monthly IT Update rescheduled for the first Wednesday of the month, 10AM-11:30AM, in Smathers Room 1A.
- February meeting is cancelled.
- Rachel notes that there is Project Management Training scheduled for that same date and time in March. We will reschedule the meeting for some time that first week of March - and send out notification.