- IT Blog
- IT Organizational Chart
- IT Dept Meeting Minutes
- IT Info Meeting Minutes
- DLC-IT Meeting Minutes
- Emergency Help
- Computer Training for All Staff
- Blog Policy and Procedure
- Middle Managers Meeting Minutes
George A. Smathers Libraries
University of Florida
2124 NE Waldo Rd Gainesville, FL 32609
Telephone: (352) 273-2800
Fax: (352) 392-2354
IT Info Update Meeting Minutes
April 6, 2011
April 6, 2011
Server/Network Unit Update
- Campus IT structure - draft not yet approved.
- SharePoint training - April 14 and 21. Sign up through ITS.
- There is campus-wide SharePoint document-opening issue. You can submit a Grover to fix it and we will contact campus IT if necessary.
- ProofPoint spam filter migration - any questions? No.
- Altiris update - migrating from virtual to physical server. PC Anywhere is working at 90%. Software metering rules are in place. Asset Management - inventory tracking in real time using a barcode solution.
- WIN7 migration - basic public image is done, but we are waiting on a new build from Clean Slate. We've given them a deadline of April 20 to have it fixed or refund our money. If we can't get it working, we'll have to go back to using Deep Freeze. Should roll out sometime this summer.
Staff WIN7 image - done. We will have a WIN7 staff image machine set up in the West IT shop for testing departmental software. We are asking for volunteers to come by and test. We hope to have Altiris Asset Manager ready to barcode everything. We will have a software list for departmental images and assist folks in backing up their data. We've tested printers and scanners. Timeline? Probably, the middle of the summer.
- New staff computers - 100 new ones to replace out-of-warranty machines. We will contact department heads to make sure they know. It won't be for another month. These will be a soft roll for WIN7.
- New microform machines have been installed. Training set for April 7. We have two old machines available - if anyone wants to claim them, email Evan.
- We are launching our SharePoint site. Altiris will deploy it to staff desktops. We've tried to include all pertinent information. Let us know what you'd like to see. We are still working on the training guide for Room 1A. Once it is finished, we will have training on the use of 1A equipment.
- New email ticket submittal: IT-HelpDesk@uflib.ufl.edu. Please provide all details, including HWID.