Support Services Meeting Notes
January 5, 2009
January 5, 2009
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Lori Driscoll, Laurie TaylorFacilities
- Rob is at AFA. The electric gates are not working.
- It appears the West stairwell walls did not get painted over the break.
- FCLA - back to operations in Reserves and ILL. No progress in notices. Changes are going through okay. New text is not showing up. That needs to be reported up the chain.
- Calendar/email - Bill reports multiple notifications. That is due to the Exchange mail corruption. Lists seem to have been spammed. Will did not see the reports. Perhaps due to AD Barracuda?
- Tomorrow IT will meet to plan the move of staff to UFAD. There are a few possible scenarios. We hope to move email at the same time. We will test the migration tools first. Hope to schedule an all-staff meeting for next week. Could possibly start moving next weekend. Workstation migration will require hands-on work by the Workstation Support Team.
- AFA move - the Workstation Support Team help them get set back up this morning. One machine was not responding.
- DLOC can't be submitted until the TICFIA program announces the grant.
- Everglades - will start in March.
- Stats on usage will be available soon.
- One report on achievement is done, but not loaded.
- Laurie emailed a trust group for Google regarding preservation storage. The cost was more expensive than Tivoli.
- January 19th is a National Day of Service as well as the inauguration of President Obama. We may get inquiries about service tasks for volunteers.
- Everything has been very quiet, not much to report.
- The impact of all the construction on campus seems mild, but classes haven't officially started yet.