Support Services Meeting Notes
April 21, 2008
April 21, 2008
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Kelley Cunningham, Brian Keith, Erich Kesse, Rob RobertsFacilities
- It's been pretty quiet. Bill Hanssen is out sick today.
- Glass replacement for Bill's office is ready. Need to schedule a time for installation.
- Gates - radio interference - not valid. Facilities to work on a beautification extension.
- West room 140 - will be cleaned out this week.
- Space inventory is due at the end of the month.
- Rob has his files on NT2 just about ready to move over to the new SAN server. He will let Logan and Amy know.
- There will be a meeting of all parties involved in the building of West on Wednesday to discuss the plumbing issue.
- Grants meeting today. Sam is going to try to make it. It will be Jim, Jan & Cathy's last meeting, as it is the end of their terms.
- Cynthia in Business Services is going to meet with Hikaru regarding her grant.
- AFA power situation? Any word? PPD said they would give Rob the keys. They have not. The power is a safety issue. Call Kramer now. An electrical inspector said they need to add power. This needs to be checked out. There is a scanner issue where HSS loaned AFA a scanner, but now they need it back. Power issue is affecting equipment.
- CJK - per David Hickey, there is no requirement to have the menu in a foreign language.
- Logan and Amy have been discussing the move of departmental and user folders from NT2R to the SAN with the various departments.
- Brian brought us an example of the bookmarks they will be passing out at Preview. It advertises student job opportunities at the Libraries.
- Christian Poehlmann is interviewing for the Electronic Resources Librarian position.
- HR is working on the Associate Dean of Technology position.
- HR vacant position - search committee is working on it. Should post next week.
- Monday, May 5 - meeting amongst HR/Business Services/Administration to discuss the processing and reporting of foundation money.
- Final estimate for extended hours: $5000.
- AV, wiring for domes for tabletops in West have been ordered.
- Development Officer position - 1st interviewee (Anton) to return to meet with the rest of the group and a second person is scheduled to interview.
- FCLA meeting today with the Florida Digital Archives people. The new version 1.5 software has doubled the through-put time. The meeting is to deal with the error messages that are generated. The errors were never noticed before - need to figure out how big the problem is. It may require a programming change. The National Digital Newspaper Project is generating errors. The reproduction we do for the Library of Congress is okay, but when we reproduce for ourselves, it creates errors.
- Outstanding labor problem - Cathy is letting go of an OPS non-student in Preservation who helps with DLC projects. We want to give FCLA the chance to automate the process instead of using email.
- Director's meeting - John Ingram was out, Sam was in & out. We discussed getting ready for extended hours. Budget meeting was moved to early May.
- Former Provost Janie Foust - applying for the chancellor position at LSU. The lack of a Provost affects the Libraries: who do we reports to?