Support Services Meeting Notes
April 30, 2007
April 30, 2007
Present: Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Kelley Cunningham, Brian Keith, Erich Kesse, Barbara Oliver, Rob RobertsBusiness Services
- Last group on the inventory contents - $17 million for Special Collections has been added.
- Getting ready for payroll closing this week. Will send out an email as a reminder to look at management exceptions.
- We're working on the cell phones.
- Third quarter work, all Systems orders - FCLA money has all been spent.
- OPS - foreign students were left out of the OPS budget - that has been rectified.
- Erich is doing a study of glues as there was a request from Access Services to put barcodes on the outside of books. We tried it about a decade ago, but had problems with the glue. There is a request to purchase equipment to do the mechanical part. Erich will investigate the glue that will be used.
- Problems with the elevators - lockouts. 5th floor should be locked out at 5PM. It can be manipulated to open if you are on the way down from the 6th floor. This is a recurring problem.
- Work on door in Rm 1A East.
- Next will be West 450.
- Trash cans have been distributed.
- Starbucks has modified the dumpster pick-up during break week. In the summer it will be cut to three times per week. If it's overflowing, they will call for pickup.
- Lighting schedule - they went off a half hour early. John came in and fixed it. He had forgotten to do the weekend schedule.
- John is working with Peter and Bill on CCure. Need to have them set up to have access to CCure.
- Flo did not get the FC grant. Reason unknown.
- Jana Ronan got the UF Tech grant.
- Kelley is working on the summer newsletter. Meeting in two weeks from today.
- Will got active synch working for Windows mobile devices (PDAs). They will update as soon as they come through. The new Director is into portable devices - T Mobile.
- Talk in the AD community - requiring Active Synch users to enter a PIN number - effective in protecting patient data. AD would force a PIN number to access email. This is a big deal, but in the discussion stage only.
- Replacement workstations have shipped from Dell - they are on the way.
- There was a mail blimp on Saturday after Friday's outage. Lost for about 20 minutes. Friday's outage was a cluster problem - related to the anti-virus.
- Gus' position - looking at it later today.
- Prime Recognition quote - not back yet.
- Mark sent a message about the web cluster - UFDC goes completely offline. Will need to diagnose before moving anything.
- New feature for recruiting - on the Library staff web site - a button to register to receive announcements when a new job is announced. To be used for student assistant and OPS recruitment. Less so for faculty.
- HSS Librarian - 3rd interview - Michelle Rubino.
- Re-class - implementing this week. 120 pay increases, one pending USPS-TEAMS conversion.
- Question about department shift differential - will not be paid extra. All positions have been covered in the re-class.
- Getting ready for Tuesday - Judith Russell. We expect her to be in the office more than Dale.
- Synch to mobile devices - want that to be working.
- Upcoming ELUNA convention in Spearfish, South Dakota.