Support Services Meeting Notes
May 5, 2008
May 5, 2008
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Brian Keith, Erich Kesse, Rob RobertsFacilities
- AC out in Systems - most likely the belt.
- Touch-up in room 140 West is done. Evan is getting 150 monitors in today and asked to use the room for storage. No, that room cannot be used.
- Quality Plumbing is on site. Bill sat through meeting that showed a video - building colonoscopy - of West plumbing.
- John asked for the quote to install hand dryers. Allstate Electric is due out today to give us a quote. We may get them to wire the faucets as well.
- Access Services - access security installed door.
- 'In Case of Fire' signs arrived. Shelley to determine where they should be installed.
- 4th floor West HR sign has been fixed.
- Escalator training done.
- Meeting about escalator maintenance - said it would be done weekly - now no word. They said they agreed to clean them once a year.
- Space allocation done.
- Facilities: Pete, Bill and Rob are alternating days off this week.
- Need to mark where they want the domes to go and get them installed on the tabletops.
- Cork flooring - replacement tile has not been made. Won't be received until the end of this week at the earliest.
- 3M gate removal - rescheduled due to floor work cancellation. We'd like to use the same building fund money for it.
- The fob in the elevator of East has not yet been converted to card reader.
- SX280's - problems with motherboards - the majority are under warranty, so Dell will replace. The ones that are out-of-warranty, Dell will send us motherboards to install.
- Issue with Dell monitors - 168 to be replaced. Most are public; a few are staff.
- MSL laptop situation - no better. Bill got the contact info and will be in touch.
- Erich to Washington, DC May 9.
- After that, he'll be in Haiti for two weeks.
- Mark leaves Haiti for Guyana, then Jamaica.
- UFDC loading capacity was down this week.
- Backup plans while Mark is gone: Mark says Logan and Winston should be able to fix any problems.
- NDNP - last disks of film have shipped - to the wrong address. They went to the eradication plant at the Library of Congress. We are trying to straighten it out.
- DLC is working on the reorg plan - how & where to use people. Stephanie announced her retirement in August/September. Erich to leave in August. There is a great longing to scale up when we need to scale down.
- Brian was out all last week and is catching up on email.
- We received an exemption from UF to proceed with the Associate Dean of Technology search.
- HR position posted.
- Electronic Resources - feedback due on Wednesday.
- Rob has a question about exempt time. He should contact Jennifer Ellenwood.
- Budget to be reported on Machen's Website at 3PM this afternoon. Hard cuts likely across campus for this coming year. Looks okay for the Libraries.
- MSL - leakage repair - on course to happen.