Support Services Meeting Notes
May 15, 2006
May 15, 2006
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, John Humphrey, Brian Keith, Grace StrawnAnnouncements
- New move schedule handed out. Need to figure out the computer move out of MSL.
- West - guard hired (off-duty GPD) to monitor traffic in & out of the building. Will also hire a runner to help seat people.
- Opening date set for July 3-5.Book move to start June 5th. Reference books to be moved last. We have a broad outline and will try to stick to it.
- Preservation - worried about dust from the Systems asbestos removal. A plastic barrier will be hung to protect the area.
- Shuffling around of people in East - Robert Shaddy, John & Brad - will be moved at the end of this month. Network should be live now.
- Landscape wall - no! Talk to Bill Covey. One for Grace, one for Matt Daley - other than that, no one gets the wall during the move. Have to get in there first.
- Fencing - when will it come down? At least by May 26th.
- Escalator, elevator, front door to plaza and Space Saver - all pending. Biltmore - electrical power. Final on the building will be 30 days after 26 May.
- Do not expect everything up and running at the opening.
- Phones - we are a bit nervous about them - they may not be ready by May 26. Physically, they are sitting in the warehouse. Telecom to contact individual supervisors. Six month auto-message to forward old number to new. Everyone will have their own individual phone numbers.
- Liaisons - how to coordinate installations - staff & public - need to figure it out. Need to make sure people have their work backed up.
- . Mallard - 14 tables and chairs - he needs to deliver and assemble them. They will be going on the 6th floor of West. He did not say how long it will take. Need to get a timeline on the delivery and assembly. Also need to nail down exactly where they go.
- 80 chairs with no fabric cover decision - need to talk to Dale. Blanket has been set up with Mallard for payment.
- June 20 - Public Relations and Marketing Committee employee event - 2-5PM "Thank-you Open House" for West.
- June 29 - Bon voyage for Martha Hruska.
- June 22-27 ALA.
- Hiring brown-out June 1-11. Budget-wise, it's a blackout.
- Trying to find out from Dale the sort of things we can spend money on for staff recognition. Need to review state regulations and UF policy for staff spending - how to administrate it.
- 2003 server expert - Will attended training. It was worthwhile.
- Statement of Work for the West Media Room - need to make sure Dell knows exactly what they are responsible for.
- Erich's Prime Recognition software ordered.
- Public Services Technical Coordinator position - when will they be on board? Ideally June 11 - as soon as possible, at any rate. Where will they be located? Good question.
- Martha has 4-5 positions that she wants moved. DLC to be set up as a tenure home - next fiscal year.
- 90 new keys for the new building. Each office has a key as well as there being sub-master keys for all. Also need to program GatorOne cards for clearance. People have to sign for the metal keys. Will try to distribute them ahead of time.
- Front door will have key swipe. Grad students will need authorization for the 6th floor. Need to have a system by July.
- There is a building master key. Systems will need one.
- Workstations to have wall plate service.
- Old keys will need to be turned into Facilities.
- Cynthia is trying to clean up messy PO's.
- Bookends bought by Business Services - trying to invoice the project.
- Crumbling concrete - needs to be cleaned up before the monsoons.
- Bill for cleaning up the sidewalks between East & West - has not yet been received.