Support Services Meeting Notes
June 4, 2007
June 4, 2007
Present: Bill Covey, Kelley Cunningham, Brian Keith, Rob Roberts, Laurie TaylorKelley
- LSTA - paid off? Need to check with Grace. Erich said it has not been paid. We need to ask Grace to take care of the refund. Bill may talk to Judy about it.
- Proposal for grant committee program - mini grant for another year.
- It is a-go on the room 450 program in East (Special Collections).
- Carrel repair - update - two desks with no legs - making readjustments. Three door modifications have to be made - the locking pin is too long. Should be finished this week.
- 60% of the carrel signs have been installed.
- 5th floor locks have been ordered.
- Furniture for the Education training room has been ordered.
- MSL - atlas and dictionary stands have been ordered.
- Space allocation - should be done this week.
- Annual asset inventory is almost complete. Still trying to locate a few items.
- Security wallet card - Bill's phone number needs to be corrected on it. Judy and maybe a few others need to be added.
- Lock problem in West over the weekend.
- Leaks in MSL - PPD is repairing the hatch.
- Workers are installing new partitions in the Men's Room in the 1st floor of East.
- File print server outage over the weekend - notice was too short. Need to let folks know a day or two ahead of time.
- DLC - need to fix the permissions problem. It must be independent of the RAM issue/failover issue. If it's only DLC, then something else is wrong. We need to figure out what exactly is happening. People are unable to consistently access the site. Bill suggestion that a student start hammering it between 12-2PM everyday and keep a log of the problems. Mark suggested that has to do with the way permissions are generated. But the question of why it keeps failing over needs to be addressed.
- Dana Loving - DLC OPS money to pay for it. Need to ask Grace for more detail about converting a contract to OPS so we can set her up.
- DDD memo - faculty and teaching copyrights - revised intellectual property. WebCT - standard going live June 28. We hope DLC can get into it.
- Video streaming - bandwidth connection is an issue. In effect, it is downloading anyway. DLC would like to use steaming video for the institutional repository. Bill said we would look into it. Would need a dedicated network POP. Need to get an estimate of usage at peak times.
- Normal hiring, etc.
- Unique re-class stragglers are done. Re-class is finally, completely finished.
- Two Library Associate II positions - Erich is satisfied with his pool of applicants as is Access Services.
- It has not been officially announced, but Pam Cenzer is acting Interim Head of MSL when Carol Drum leaves. Additionally, Carol Turner will be retiring at the end of the calendar year.
- There has been a lot of student hiring.