Support Services Meeting Notes
July 11, 2005
July 11, 2005
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Trudi DiTrolio, Barbara Oliver, Rob Roberts, Jill SkotkoAnnouncements
- Air up in HR is not working very well - it gets very hot.
- Bill will be out of the office Wed. July 13-Tues. July 19. This group will not meet next week. Bill notes this will be the last time we meet on a Monday at 9AM. Please make sure your Outlook calendars are up-to-date as he tries to reschedule the day/time of this meeting.
- Barbara Oliver reports that they have secured the lease to Butler. It has a 90-day lease to withdraw. The bid for moving is on the street. Pre-bid is July 27 - only to move from ALF to Butler. Then we get the bids to move back into West. Jan-April return.
- All raise files have been entered into PeopleSoft. There was a slight problem with Grace, but it was resolved.
- Budget notice - prior year encumbrance should be released soon.
- Business Services will be losing Dolopo for a short time period. She is going to HR for 6-8 weeks to fill in for Jill until a new person can be hired.
- Interviews for the Denise Bogart/Jill Skotko position are set for July 19. There are four candidates in the pool.
- Will is getting ready to interview for the IT Practitioner position in Systems.
- Heidi Sents, Brandy Barents and Susan Remer have recently resigned.
- Barbara notes that we need vacant lines for the budget.
- Trudi note that the Library Council Retreat is scheduled for all day tomorrow. Topics to include LibQual, Objectives, public printing, funding, etc.
- Will just got back from vacation. Hurricane Dennis cut short his vacation in Pensacola.
- The Greenstone server has been installed by needs the operating system.
- Public printing - needs some hand work - multiple restarts after last round of security updates. MSL is still not working at this time.
- Will schedule interviews for the IT Practitioner position today.
- Power installation in the documentation/conference room - Brad is working on it today.
- Friday morning the power went down in the server room. There was a balancing problem - a gang of eight plugs had to be separated. Will try to get it done today.
- Barbara asks if we need to buy any new servers. Not right now, as we have too many to get up/running/migrated.
- If the Tivoli backup system works for us, we will not have to replace NT2R. Tivoli cost is ten grand per year.
- Barbara would like to get all the necessities of life purchased as soon as possible due to the cost of moving into West.
- Need to firm up the furniture to be purchased for West. Access Services staff will be getting all new items. Need to generate a list.
- Barbara notes she was able to get UF to agree to get people to create the carrels in the new Library West. It will take 4-5 months for delivery.
- Of our funds, one million is going for furniture. Dale has asked Administration for half a million. No reply yet. There is a $200,000 request from Public Services for things including new gates.
- There are three workstations in MSL waiting for Trudi - part of serial ADA.
- Paul Victor has reported he is unable to sit for long periods of time. He is requesting a workstation that he can stand at. He has been asked to provide a doctor's note but has failed to do so at this time. No action will be taken until he has done so.
- Robert is finishing patching/painting room 19F in Systems.
- VOIP phones are in at ALF. There is concern if the network can handle the extra traffic. Powered switch is needed. 10-11 phones. 8-9 will be transferred to West.
- Fire marshal - electrical inspector out to ALF - found infraction in the doors propped open. Door stops need to be removed. Skip Rockwell gave them magnetic door sticks (for free).
- Rob had two and a half people out last week. Brian is out this week.
- Pocket cards (list of phone numbers of Directors and Department Heads) updated.