Support Services Meeting Notes
August 6, 2007
August 6, 2007
Present: Will Chaney, Kelley Cunningham, John Ingram, Brian Keith, Barbara Oliver, Rob RobertsBusiness Services
- Grace is out through Thursday, maybe Friday.
- Working on the Auxiliary Report.
- Working on the beginning of the year statement for the foundation.
- No real problems.
- Payroll went okay last week - only one off.
- OPS - report sent out caused confusion. Grace sent a follow-up email to explain that was not the whole budget. People still did not seem to get it.
- Lighting retrofit to start later this week in Library East. We are currently finalizing the schedule. They will mainly be working after hours. This is part of the UF energy-saving program.
- Room 450 East - waiting for the contractor to give us a date. We have a PO for the shelving. We're waiting for the contractor to remove the walls. We will re-carpet in there.
- Preservation ordered replacement sinks for their photography area. They have arrived and need to be installed.
- Temperatures in West - we've requested changes on floors 4, 5 and 6 - they say it's been done, but you cannot tell the difference. Facilities is supposed to be given access to the AC controls.
- Circ Desk mock-up to be picked up today. Week of the 27th it should be here. We will replace one of the current units with the new one.
- Dome installations for public desks in West to be installed this week.
- Education - Media Tech installation is done. They are moving furniture around in there. New furniture to ship September 5th.
- Security for the branches - plan to switch them all from CCure to Lenel.
- Broken stair on the stairwell in East - Facilities to look at it today. They will also check on the possible refinishing of all of those stairs. Have them check out the gap in the floor as well.
- Town meeting on mini-grants is this week: August 16.
- Grants to outside agencies.
- We are finalizing the judging criteria on the mini-grants.
- CNS - we now have gigabit Ethernet in the south tower. The upgrade went fine. Had a small problem with Exchange - just failed it over and it was okay.
- North tower upgrade scheduled for this upcoming weekend.
- Backup Exec software needs to be renewed - will submit it to Business Services to create a PO this week.
- Education classroom is finished.
- Convocation - Wed. Aug. 15.
- Kristy will be hosting a new student/OPS hiring seminar on August 16. She will push the advantages of hiring students that qualify for federal work study.
- UFCC - we had a meeting on Friday - everyone is very enthusiastic. We are planning a potluck lunch in addition to the raffle, etc.
- Kristy is out today - Wednesday.
- Reimbursement - United Faculty - no word.
- New hires: Chris Youngblood - ILL, Stacey Ewing - Info Commons Librarian, Gail Crawford - program assistant.
- Science Librarian interviews scheduled.
- Carol Turner - last day will be Sept. 28, actual retirement is Nov. 29. Shelley Arlen will be the interim.